Wednesday, June 7, 2017

1971 Toro aka my Uncle Jo Rose



Location is working well this year..... soil has been conditioned, watered, fed and mulched.  Tah-dah!!!

The trademark name is Uncle Joe.   This Hybrid TORO tea rose is lightly fragrant... and deliciously rich red.....   It is standing abt 4ft-upright and reaching towards the sun!   Its on the north side of the house... which gets about six to seven hours of sun.   Otherwise the yard is heavily shaded with the neighbors trees and fences (east and westward... years of developing in this neighborhood!)

The Toro Rose is listed as a repeat bloomer, exhibition worthy as a truly beautiful cut rose on a long stem! Lots of worthy thorns too!

Wondering..... what is the POINT OF ORIGIN  ??

BTW - I am a 1971 Highschool graduate.... 

My bet is that my daddy brought this plant from our previous home at Wisconsin drive....  Maybe I'll do another drive by the old home place.... because there is a sprawling front window blooming rose bush at about six feet tall.  It has not been pruned or kept -- just sprawling.   I didn't think to see what type of rose bloom it was.

I might suspect that my daddy brought this flower from our home in Chickasha, OK... in 1965.  I don't remember flowers around that house.... or my next door Big Mama's house in old-old pictures.

Whenever I cut the spent roses.... in hopes to increase bloom time throughout the year.... they are still so lovely, fragile, velvet-like that I place them in containers to dry out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cactus pricking my ❤️ heart